Friday, July 25, 2014

So why a blog?


Effective and informative communication is a challenge faced by many of us.  As the provost of PSU, although I find myself hearing, learning, and reflecting on many issues internal and externally, I also recognize that there are times when faculty, staff and students at PSU must wonder: What is the work that is taking place? How can I find out more? How can I be involved? How can I share my views? What does the provost think about an issue?

I have created this blog out of a desire to do more than communicate through attending meetings, writing emails, reporting at Faculty Senate, or sharing information on the provost’s webpage or the PSU Currently.  I am under no illusion that a blog serves all communication needs, but it has some unique features.  Not only will it be a way to make public some information and thoughts I have on issues, but it creates a venue for hearing other perspectives, asking and responding to questions, and learning new ideas.

I am looking forward to some lively information sharing and exchanges through this tool.


Regards,


0 comments:

Post a Comment