Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Drop-in conversations with the provost

We all know how important good communication is.  I am not only talking about effective dissemination of information, but also the sharing of ideas and listening that often times is enhanced through personal interactions.  There is no question that this is difficult to achieve in a large and complex organization like PSU.   


Over the summer I spent time thinking about my role in improving campus communication.  In addition to this blog and regular updates that I will ask department chairs and deans to pass along to you, I have decided to host monthly opportunities for faculty members and staff members to stop by for a face-to-face conversation.  You may choose this opportunity to share ideas, options and information.  You may choose it to ask questions. Or, you may wish to introduce yourself or to just say hello. 

I will be available the following dates and times during the fall term for these non-structured, open sessions:

Thursday, October 30, 3:00 to 4:00, room 296 SMSU
Monday, November 10, 2:30-3:30, room 294 SMSU
Monday, December 1, 1:30-2:30, room 294 SMSU


I look forward to the opportunity for interaction with you during these times and the many other venues throughout the year.



0 comments:

Post a Comment